2023 Applications Now Open
The Golden Elite Track and Field Club and Sharmayne D. White Memorial College Scholarship Fund
Purpose: The Golden Elite Track and Field and Sharmayne D.White Memorial College Scholarship Fund will award a scholarship to two college-bound high school track & field seniors (one female and one male) based on their academic achievements and an expressed interest in pursuing a higher level of education.
Requirements: The students eligible for the award must be:
- High school seniors eligible to graduate with their current class
- Residents and students living and studying within Escambia County
- Active participants on their high school track and field teams with letters of recommendation from their respective coaches (must be emailed or mailed postmarked by May 10, 2023, at 5:00 P.M.).
- Students with a GPA of 2.0 or higher (documentation will be required)
- Students who can provide a letter of acceptance to attend a college, university, or trade school.
Heavy consideration will be given to students’ academic achievement and involvement within their community. Interested students should submit a scholarship application.
Guidelines: Scholarships will be awarded at the athlete’s school banquet or Golden Elite’s previously scheduled presentation.
Amount: Each scholarship will award a $500.00 one-time payment to one female and one male.
Deadline: All applications must be submitted by May 10, 2023, at 5:00 P.M.
The scholarship is funded fully by Michael and Cheryl Etheredge & The White Family