2023 Outdoor Season and Off-Season FAQ
1. How old does my child have to be to participate in Golden Elite Track and Field?
A: Our program is designed for youth ages 6-18, Collegiate and Senior/Master level athletes.
2. How long is the 2023 season?
Our program has two seasons
- Spring/Summer Non-Competition season February-June 29
- Spring/Summer Traveling Competition season Late February-Leaving for the Junior Olympic
- Off-season September-December
3. What organization are you affiliated with?
A: AAU and USATF
4. What does the off-season training offer?
A: Off-season provides the following:
- Conditioning for existing track and field athletes
- Fundamentals of running for new athletes
- Sprint training
- Distance Training
- Field event training
5. During Spring/Summer season, is it for competition only?
6. What area do you train athletes in?
A: Athletes are assessed in sprinting, distance & field by our coaching staff to see what area best fits your child regardless of competition or non-competition.
7. When does registration open for the season?
A: Please see registration tab.
8. What is the cost to join?
A: Fees All fees are Non-Refundable Even if Season is Canceled Early
- Spring/Summer Training Non-competition $150 for the first child and $75 for each additional child. Ages 6-18
- Off-season open to ages 6–18 fees announced in August
- Traveling competition team BY TRYOUTS ONLY
2 children= $300 each (saving $100)
3 children= $250 each (saving $150) and for each additional child after your third child is $200 each.
All fees are DUE BY SECOND PRACTICE UNLESS PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT IS NEEDED.
*All athletes will start as non-competition until they’ve completed tryouts, if your child makes the competition traveling team then the remainder competition fee will be due based on the number of children you have that advance after tryouts.
9. What does Non-Competition fee cover?
- Club insurance
- Team T-shirt
- Administration Cost Season Late February-June 29, 2023
10. What does the registration fee cover for competition team?
The registration fee will cover the following:
- Competition card with insurance AAU & USATF
- Custom Team Speed or Throw Uniform
- Team warm-ups top and bottom
- Team T-shirt
- Registration fee for first qualifying round to JO
- Administrative fees
- Season February-August (for those that advance to the AAU Junior Olympics)
*COMPETITION TRYOUTS CLOSES MAY 21, 2023
11. When does the first day of 2023 season start?
A: February 18, 2023
12. What are the days and time of practice?
A: To ensure that your child academic performance remains first priority we practice on Saturday’s 12:00-2:00 and Sunday’s 3:00-5:00 until school is out for summer break.
13. Where do you practice?
A: Our team utilize multiple track locations in our area see app for location and schedule
14. When are practices canceled?
A: We do not practice when weather is severe (IE. Lightning, hurricane, temperatures below 50 degrees)
15. Please wear/bring the following to practice:
- Water in a water bottle (PLEASE LABEL WITH CHILD’S NAME)
- Running shoes (NO basketball, football, or high tops)
- Running short or sweatpants (NO jean or basketball shorts)
16. How do I contact a coach or volunteer staff?
A: All practice, team, meet communication is made via the Slacker Team App please download via App Store or online, or send us an email email@example.com